Friday, September 27, 2013

Day 43

Zombies, Run! Does not work on an elliptical. Well technically it does work. But it is no fun.
I decided to try this so I wouldn't go right back in to banging my stupid ankle and knee around but I would still get my work out in.
Eh...
Workout in
Did a lot of sweating
SUPER BORING!!!

I know I got my workout in...but I don't feel as accomplished as I normally do after.
Here is the question though...
Am I feeling that unsatisfied because it was hours ago that I completed it? 6am?
Is it because I did it on the elliptical at the gym? Indoors?

I went faster, definitely was sweating, breathing hard, heart rate was up and going....but at the end I walked around the track 2x and was then good to go.
I didn't feel like I had gotten my ass kicked (in that good way that running does). I wasn't sore anywhere.

I think I will have to save this for emergency situations. Foot/Knee are too screwy to go outside. I am going to reserve the gym for classes, circuit, and swimming.

I am going to repeat the Week 3 Workout. Probably starting Saturday or Sunday and see if I can do a bit better on the freestyle runs.

I was talking to one of my co-workers the other day who has been asking what new things I am trying to do, what is working and what isn't etc... I thought this would be a good place to put some "tips" that we both think are good and working for us as well as things tried and found not to be as helpful.

Tip Today: Stairs

I try to get up and walk our office stairs once an hour. I would like to get in 8 reps during the day, but right now I am averaging about 5. But still...that is 25 minutes of a quick workout I didn't have before...And believe me my calves feel it!
To go from my floor to the bottom, to the top (7 floors), back to the bottom then back to my floor takes about 5 minutes. Nothing too strenuous and I am not gross and sweaty when I get back. It gets my step count up. Gives my legs a quick work out. Gets my heart rate going. And gets me away from my desk and the computer.

I am tortious slow. Usually have to stop in between floors now and then to catch my breath. But I am getting better. Slow and steady wins the race right? The end goal is to be able to do them 2x on that break.



No comments:

Post a Comment