Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 36 - Day 37

Day 36

Got my minimum steps in and walked the stairs at work 2x for a total of 10 minutes. But that is about it. After that...Drive to the beach! I did go on a short walk when I got here. Just around the neighborhood. This weekend is going to kill my last week of weight loss...

Day 37

Ah...bagels. Yup. Had one for breakfast. Went out and did my Zombies, Run! 5k training though. Week 3 workout 1. Ass officially kicked. I may have to go back and redo week 2. Just not up to a 5 minute run even though it is run at your own pace/ or walk. The good news is that I got up to 2 miles! Mostly kept up my current pace. Not really getting any faster. But at least I am not slowing down. Would have been a great day if it hadn't ended with all you can eat crabs and a couple of PBR's! But when at the beach....




The rest of the weekend is just going to be bad. We already have brunch planned for saturday, ice cream...the list goes on.

As much as I am trying to get healthy the occasional beach weekend is something that, while I may alter parts of it, I won't completely shut out. The hours of crabs, and great brunches and fun with my oldest daughter and granddaughter are just something we treasure. Other than the crabs I cut my usual dose of food in half. Considering how much I did eat I am kinda grossed out about how much I was eating before! Times like this I really realize how absolutely ridiculous restaurant portions of food are. Because I am talking, and having a drink, and fun...I don't realize how much I am really eating... I recently have started cutting all restaurant portions in half before I even start eating. Once that portion is done the rest goes into a box. It is still too much food.

Ah well...
Wish me luck. I can deal with a little gain...I just don't want to get home and step on that damn scale and go WTF...

ALMOST FORGOT!!!
I have walked 50 miles since I got my fitbit! WHAT?!?!?! That is since September 3rd! I know that in August I didn't even come close to that much let alone any of the months before. What an incredible motivator the FitBit is!

No comments:

Post a Comment